A New York City Traffic Accident Can Change Your Life In A Moment
In the few seconds it takes for a car accident, truck crash, or motorcycle accident to occur, your whole life can change. Traffic accidents can disrupt your financial security, career prospects, and health.
At Siegel & Coonerty LLP, our NYC car accident lawyers can help you obtain compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys are well-versed in helping individuals who have been seriously injured get the maximum recovery available in their case. If you have been injured in a car accident, contact our office today for a free, no-obligation consultation at 646-960-8195.
Why Hire a NYC Car Accident Lawyer?
After a serious car accident, you need to focus on your well-being and recovery. However, traffic injury survivors often find themselves distracted and overwhelmed by medical bills, time lost at work, long-term disabilities, pain, anxiety, and depression.
A NYC car accident lawyer can help you get the financial recovery you deserve so that you can devote your time and energy to your physical recovery. In the unimaginable situation that you lost a loved one in a traffic accident, our attorneys may be able to help you file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Causes of Car Accidents in New York City
According to the New York State Department of Health, motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of injury-related death for residents. On average, over 1,000 New Yorkers die each year from injuries caused by traffic accidents, and over 10,000 people are hospitalized. Many of these injuries and deaths are preventable caused by driver negligence.
Leading causes of NYC car accidents include:
- Driver inattention
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence/driving while impaired
- Failure to stop and failure to yield
- Driving while drowsy/fatigued driving
- Following too closely
- Unsafe road conditions
- Vehicle and auto part defects
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a car accident, contact our office today for a free consultation. Our lawyers can help you understand your rights, negotiate a fair settlement, or file a lawsuit to obtain compensation for your injuries.
Types of NYC Traffic Accidents We Handle
Whatever your accident, ranging from serious injury while walking the streets of Manhattan to getting hurt while taking a bus in the Bronx, we can take on your case. New Yorkers utilize many different types of transportation to navigate the city; regardless of the kind of accident, we may be able to help obtain compensation from any negligent parties.
We help clients who have been injured in accidents involving:
New York is a “no-fault insurance” state, meaning that regardless of who caused the accident, individuals who are injured in a car accident are covered by their own insurance policy. A NYC car accident lawyer can help ensure that you receive the maximum compensation from your policy and seek additional money for your damages if you are seriously injured.
New York City Car Accident Statistics
As reported in the New York Police Department’s (NYPD) Citywide Motor Vehicle Collision Report Statistics, in a single month, there were over 8,000 crashes resulting in 2,590 injuries or fatalities. By far, the leading cause of an injury collision was driver inattention or driver distraction.
Collision reports filed with the NYPD indicate:
- Over ⅓ of the car accidents in a month were caused by driver inattention or distracted driving
- Motor vehicle collisions injured 1,672 motorists and killed 5 in New York City
- 512 pedestrians were injured in traffic accidents, and 9 were killed
- Of the 2,590 crashes involving injuries or death 300 involved cyclists
- Passenger vehicles are the most common kind of vehicle to be involved in a collision, followed by sports utility vehicles or station wagons
- There were 100 motor vehicle collisions involving ambulances
- Compared to the other boroughs, Brooklyn had the largest number of motor vehicle collisions at 2,706 in one month
Accidents can happen any time of day or night. Our NYC car accident lawyers are here to help you when you need it most. If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, call our office to speak with an attorney.
Finding the Right Car Accident Lawyer in New York City
Be sure to talk to several law firms before choosing representation. Ask about each attorney’s experience with traffic accident injury cases and in the courtroom. Finally, make sure that you have a connection with your attorney. You will be working closely with this person, so you need to understand each other.
The process of selecting a New York City car accident attorney could determine the outcome of your case. Therefore, you should research potential injury lawyers thoroughly to help choose the one with the best track record, results, and philosophy.
If you have questions about your recent New York City car accident case, contact our NYC car accident lawyers today for a confidential, no-obligation consultation. Se habla español.
Things to Consider During a Consultation
Many survivors feel too overwhelmed in the aftermath of their car accidents to take the time to choose the right lawyers. However, picking an injury lawyer with whom you connect and who will work hard to produce the desired results may be the single most important decision you make following a New York traffic accident and injury.
3 things to consider when selecting a car accident lawyer:
1) The best lawyer has a long record of success. While no two cases are the same and case results are not a guarantee of outcome in your case, looking at past results can help showcase experience and success in similar circumstances. A NYC car accident lawyer who has consistently secured compensation in cases similar to your own will be adept at handling your case. You should never be shy about asking for traffic accident case results during a consultation with a lawyer.
2) A lawyer who takes initiative both outside and inside the courtroom will produce the best results. Some lawyers take on injury clients and work toward securing compensation only to hesitate when the need to go to court arises. Others may not have extensive courtroom experience despite long careers. For optimal results in your injury case, make certain that you hire an injury attorney who will work tirelessly to win your case, even if it means going to court.
3) The best lawyer makes themselves readily available to address your questions and concerns. When searching for an injury lawyer, be sure to ask how you will contact them during the case. The best attorney keeps you updated on your case and gives you several ways to contact their office.
Why Siegel & Coonerty LLP?
At Siegel & Coonerty LLP, we understand that your serious accident has turned your life upside down, bringing your future plans and aspirations to a sudden halt. We aim to help you recover damages from your traffic accident and secure justice so you and your family can move forward.
Located in the heart of Manhattan, our personal injury law firm represents all New York City traffic accident survivors. We work to recover the compensation they need and deserve in the wake of a serious injury or death. Contact our office at 646-960-8195 to get started. Se habla español.